Why go Solar?
With rising power prices and worse still, reducing amounts of power available for the increasing population, it would make sense to go solar. There are so many views and opinions on solar power, and why it is a good idea to switch over, we here at Luminous give some of the top reasons:
• It is a great investment for your home / establishment. Using solar energy saves you money each month – unlike any other home improvement / investment you may make. It also enhances the value of your property.
• It is great for the environment. With the rising concerns of air quality, pollution and related illnesses, solar energy is clean and green and has no harmful emissions that would damage the environment.
• The average life of a solar energy system is about 25 years. That makes them extremely durable and not easily damaged. They require little to no maintenance.
• The government has invested heavily in solar projects, which means that investing in solar power systems would give you around 40% subsidy on capital costs of Solar PV Systems for units located in both urban and rural areas in India. Individuals, group of individuals, Self Help Groups (SHGs), JLGs (Joint Liability Groups), Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) and Farmer’s club are eligible for subsidy through NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development).
• With the money you save on electricity bills, you could use it for other home improvements, invest it elsewhere, or use it to finance something that you have been wanting for a long time. We could design solar power system based on your individual requirements.
• Unlike power prices, that rise erratically, solar energy has a fixed cost. The cost of the system you install would be constant, saving you from any unforeseen expenses in this regard.
• Given the tropical climate of our country, the sun shines brightly over most of the country for extended periods during the day. The system will continue to trap the sunlight and convert it electricity for use. The excess energy can get stored in the batteries or be sent back to the power grid (depending on the solar system installed). Whatever time of the day or night, you will have enough electricity to power your home – even during the highly frequent power outages.
The decision to power your home or establishment using solar energy puts the control in your hands. We at Luminous want to help you invest in the future of energy – connect with us and we will handle it all.